[EXTENDED: Entries are now due Friday 17th March, 2017]
Writers, this is for you!!
Celebrate Mooroolbark is running a Writing Competition for students, sponsored by Victoria’s Deputy Premier and Minister for Education, James Merlino MP! Winners will be awarded cash prizes by Mr Merlino himself, on the main stage of the festival between 11:40am and 12 noon.
How to enter?
Explore the ways we can individually and collectively sustain, preserve and beautify our world and its resources, or write an imaginative piece around the theme of environmental sustainability. You might like to consider the following questions to get you started:
- What concerns you most about the environment – locally/nationally/globally?
- Why/How is it easy to “be green”?
- Why is “being green” important now and in the future?
- Imagine a world/city/town where everyone lived sustainably, what would it look like?
- Can you imagine the future and how people’s lives might be different to ours if environmental sustainability is/is not adopted by people today?
Entry fee: gold coin
Download and print the entry form here and deliver your completed form with your entry and gold coin to the Mooroolbark Community Centre by 5pm, Friday March 17, 2017.
Entries will be judged based on originality, creativity, correct spelling and grammar.
The entries are in three sections and there an opportunity to win cash prizes!
|Section||1st place||2nd place||3rd place|
|Preschool to Grade 2||$20||$15||$10|
|Grade 3 – Grade 6||$30||$25||$20|
|Year 7 – Year 12||$50||$35||$25|
A school’s prize of $100 will be awarded to the best performance overall.
Totalling of points to determine winning school as follows:
- 1st = 3pts
- 2nd = 2pts
- 3rd = 1pt
In the event of a tie, the school with the most entries is the winner.
0431 320 269